What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is a popular brand of clear aligners and is an alternative to traditional wire braces. These trays are custom-made and clear, which makes them almost impossible to see on your teeth.
How Do I Know if Invisalign® is the best option for me?
- During your first consultation, the dentist will conduct an oral exam and take a 3D scan of your teeth. This will help determine what the best method of treatment is. Invisalign® is a great way to straighten your teeth incognito, but it can’t treat every type of alignment issue. Before making any choice, talk to your dentist or orthodontist to see if Invisalign® treatment is the best option for you.
What is the Process for Invisalign®?
- The process starts with a consultation at Williams Dental and a 3D scan of your teeth. This scan is then used to create a custom treatment plan. Aligners are then made to help shift the teeth into their ideal places.
How Long Will I Need to Wear the Aligners?
- The whole process takes, on average, is 9-12 months. If your teeth are not as severe, the process may be quicker, but if your case is more serious it could take almost 18 months to complete the process.
- In order to get the best results, make sure to wear your Invisalign® for at least 22 hours a day. The less you wear your aligners the longer it will take to straighten your teeth and can also lead to complications that are difficult to correct.
Will Having Invisalign® Impact My Daily Life?
- Once you become accustomed to the aligners, you should barely notice them. Most patients say the aligners have little to no impact on their daily lives. Being able to remove them to eat is a benefit that traditional wire braces don’t have and this makes them a little bit more of a convenient solution.
Schedule an appointment today to regain confidence in your smile!